Health Mosquitoes are to be taken seriously

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 02 Oct 2015 – Environmental Health says we can take the bite out of mosquito bites, and issued some tips yesterday including that flower pots, buckets, barrels, boats, garbage lids, open cesspits, tree holes, pool covers and even toys can become breeding spaces for virus carrying insects. These warnings become far more weighty after 2014, and the boost in cases of Dengue Fever and Chikungunya Virus after Tropical Storm Cristobal, a rain maker which left stagnant water in nearly all islands for weeks. The information from EHD also becomes more important now that TCI has to cope with the after-effects of nearly three days of rain. Last year, not only did the country run out of repellents and supplies, but many were sickened and the hospital was bombarded with cases. ZIKA Press Release Zika spread by sex too, says Scientist Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you More foggers, more manpower, mosquito nets – Zika now in Jamaica Related Items:Chikungunya, Dengue, Environmental health, Mosquitoeslast_img read more

Police investigates shooting incident

first_img Related Items:#shootinginvestigationinProvo, #twoinstableconditionaftershooting, #twomenshotinProvo Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 5, 2017 – Providenciales – Detectives of the Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force have launched an investigation to find the culprit who is responsible for the shooting of two males earlier this today (Wednesday 5th April 2017) in Providenciales.Around 2:15 AM, Police and Emergency Services responded to an area known as the “Trap” in Kew Town after reports of multiple gunshots were heard.   Upon arrival, officers met a 27 year-old male laying on the ground screaming in pain with what appeared to be blood and two wounds on his upper torso.   He was taken to the Cheshire Hall Medical Centre and is in stable condition.Also, at 2: 20am, police met the second victim, a 25 year-old male with a wound to his right leg.  He told officers that he was approaching the “Trap” area after he heard a loud argument going on, and as he gets closer he heard gun-shots going off. He ran and later realized he was shot.   He was taken to the hospital via ambulance were is being treated.   No arrest have been made and investigation is ongoing.Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or have information that can assist with investigation, Contact the Chalk Sound Police Station at 338-5901. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1- 800 8477 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: www.crimestoppers.tc.#twomenshotinProvo#shootinginvestigationinProvo#twoinstableconditionaftershootinglast_img read more

TCI Rising Stars get second in Puerto Rico tournament

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppPuerto Rico, July 24, 2017 – If there were medals being handed out at the tournament in Puerto Rico, then the Rising Stars basketball club would have gotten a silver medal.   Instead, they take a hard won second place.  Its the biggest international event for the team and coach Jarrett Forbes said the games were played at a much faster pace than his guys were used to, but TeamTCI was up to the challenge and under the pressure, became more cohesive and executed perfectly.The Puerto Rico Games ran from July 18th to the 22nd and attracted teams from all over the world including Mexico, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica.#MagneticMediaNews#TCIRisingStarsgetsecond#PuertoRicobasketballtournament Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #PuertoRicobasketballtournament, #TCIRisingStarsgetsecond Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Proposed parole office in La Mesa cancelled

first_img Posted: December 20, 2018 December 20, 2018 Proposed parole office in La Mesa cancelled 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsLA MESA (KUSI)- The proposed parole office that community members vigorously opposed in La Mesa has been officially cancelled. A letter was sent to the La Mesa City Manager from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.Many residents had voiced their opposition of the proposed parole office. They were concerned it was too close to homes, less than a mile from Grossmont High School, and lacked nearby public transportation. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom, KUSI Newsroom last_img read more